How can I enable drawing on other than frame 0
Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger
How can I enable drawing on other than frame 0
Hi.
My old computer bit the dust due to a lightening strike. So for my new M6 Mini I've been starting from scratch. No time machine.
I got a copy of Moho 14.4 and now I can't find how to enable drawing on frames other that 0. Google didn't help.
So,
1. How do I do it, and
2. Should I do it?
I know it's better for keeping things neat, but sometime I need to make a change on a frame other than zero and if I go back to zero it looks so different I can't find the change I want to make.
I think after years of learning this program I finally realized it's probably not a good idea to be redesigning things down the line, so I'm thinking I have to change my working method.
Any recommendations?
Thanks.
My old computer bit the dust due to a lightening strike. So for my new M6 Mini I've been starting from scratch. No time machine.
I got a copy of Moho 14.4 and now I can't find how to enable drawing on frames other that 0. Google didn't help.
So,
1. How do I do it, and
2. Should I do it?
I know it's better for keeping things neat, but sometime I need to make a change on a frame other than zero and if I go back to zero it looks so different I can't find the change I want to make.
I think after years of learning this program I finally realized it's probably not a good idea to be redesigning things down the line, so I'm thinking I have to change my working method.
Any recommendations?
Thanks.
M1 Mac Mini.
Moho Pro 14
Moho Pro 14
Re: How can I enable drawing on other than frame 0
Look in Preferences > Tools and uncheck 'Enable drawing tools only on frame 0.'
Disabling this is useful when you really need to draw in a later frame, but remember to re-enable it when you're done. If you forget that it's inactive, it can really mess you up.
Disabling this is useful when you really need to draw in a later frame, but remember to re-enable it when you're done. If you forget that it's inactive, it can really mess you up.
Animations, Tutorials, and Cats (Oh, My!) Little Green Dog Channel on YouTube!
D.R. Greenlaw
Artist/Partner - Little Green Dog
Little Green Dog Channel | My DreamWorks Animation Reels & Others
D.R. Greenlaw
Artist/Partner - Little Green Dog
Little Green Dog Channel | My DreamWorks Animation Reels & Others
Re: How can I enable drawing on other than frame 0
I've been trying to find it.
There's no place I can find that says Preferences. I tried Settings but couldn't find it there either.
On a Google search, they moved it from 14.4 on. Supposedly, it's on the top right of the timeline. But still can't find it.
However, I now finally understand why I've had so much trouble with things like smart actions. I've been doing a lot of drawing on other than frame zero. And it looks like to make a good head turn, etc, I should be on frame zero to begin with.
There's no place I can find that says Preferences. I tried Settings but couldn't find it there either.
On a Google search, they moved it from 14.4 on. Supposedly, it's on the top right of the timeline. But still can't find it.
However, I now finally understand why I've had so much trouble with things like smart actions. I've been doing a lot of drawing on other than frame zero. And it looks like to make a good head turn, etc, I should be on frame zero to begin with.
M1 Mac Mini.
Moho Pro 14
Moho Pro 14
Re: How can I enable drawing on other than frame 0
Edit > Preferences > Tools.
I don't think "Preferences" has ever been moved.
I don't think "Preferences" has ever been moved.
Moho 14.4 » Win 11 Pro 64GB » NVIDIA GTX 1080ti 11GB
Moho 14.4 » Mac mini 2012 8GB » macOS 10.15 Catalina
Tube: SimplSam
Sam
Moho 14.4 » Mac mini 2012 8GB » macOS 10.15 Catalina
Tube: SimplSam
Sam
Re: How can I enable drawing on other than frame 0
Sorry...I took a screenshot but had to step away for a while.
Yes, Preferences is under the Edit menu. After you open the Preferences window...

As mentioned earlier, you'll probably want to re-enable this after you're done with your task.
Hope this helps.
Yes, Preferences is under the Edit menu. After you open the Preferences window...

As mentioned earlier, you'll probably want to re-enable this after you're done with your task.
Hope this helps.
Animations, Tutorials, and Cats (Oh, My!) Little Green Dog Channel on YouTube!
D.R. Greenlaw
Artist/Partner - Little Green Dog
Little Green Dog Channel | My DreamWorks Animation Reels & Others
D.R. Greenlaw
Artist/Partner - Little Green Dog
Little Green Dog Channel | My DreamWorks Animation Reels & Others
Re: How can I enable drawing on other than frame 0
That sounds like it's referring to the Toggle Frame Zero button. This is used to jump back and forth from the current animation frame to frame 0. It's useful when you need to edit on frame 0 while you're animating or testing on another frame. It does not allow you to draw in the (non-zero) animation frame.
However, the Toggle Frame Zero is on the left side of the Timeline, not the right, so I'm not sure. But I'm also not sure Google's AI search knows the difference either. I guess it's the computer's right side?
Animations, Tutorials, and Cats (Oh, My!) Little Green Dog Channel on YouTube!
D.R. Greenlaw
Artist/Partner - Little Green Dog
Little Green Dog Channel | My DreamWorks Animation Reels & Others
D.R. Greenlaw
Artist/Partner - Little Green Dog
Little Green Dog Channel | My DreamWorks Animation Reels & Others
Re: How can I enable drawing on other than frame 0
I think the Google search might be referring to the Display Interval, which was relocated from Settings to the Timeline in 14.2.
Moho 14.4 » Win 11 Pro 64GB » NVIDIA GTX 1080ti 11GB
Moho 14.4 » Mac mini 2012 8GB » macOS 10.15 Catalina
Tube: SimplSam
Sam
Moho 14.4 » Mac mini 2012 8GB » macOS 10.15 Catalina
Tube: SimplSam
Sam
Re: How can I enable drawing on other than frame 0
OK. Got it figured out.
In 14.4 there is no Preferences shown in the Edit menu.
Instead, go to Settings in the Moho menu.
Then you can find TOOLS and uncheck the Enable drawing tools only on frame zero.
That Preferences is what was throwing me off.
Must have changed since 14.4
Thanks all.
In 14.4 there is no Preferences shown in the Edit menu.
Instead, go to Settings in the Moho menu.
Then you can find TOOLS and uncheck the Enable drawing tools only on frame zero.
That Preferences is what was throwing me off.
Must have changed since 14.4
Thanks all.
M1 Mac Mini.
Moho Pro 14
Moho Pro 14
Re: How can I enable drawing on other than frame 0
Hmm...that's strange because, for me, anyway, Preferences is still under the Edit menu in Moho 14.4. Here's a screenshot of the Edit > Preferences command on my computer...

As far as I'm aware, this has not changed in any recent versions.
Also, I'm unaware of a 'Moho' menu. I'm curious (and a bit confused) why this is different in your Moho 14.4.
Maybe this is different on Mac OS?
Animations, Tutorials, and Cats (Oh, My!) Little Green Dog Channel on YouTube!
D.R. Greenlaw
Artist/Partner - Little Green Dog
Little Green Dog Channel | My DreamWorks Animation Reels & Others
D.R. Greenlaw
Artist/Partner - Little Green Dog
Little Green Dog Channel | My DreamWorks Animation Reels & Others
Re: How can I enable drawing on other than frame 0
HeHe.. Looks like this is a change in recent macOS versions which now use "Settings" instead of "Preferences".
On my old Mac it is still Moho > Preferences.
On my old Mac it is still Moho > Preferences.
Moho 14.4 » Win 11 Pro 64GB » NVIDIA GTX 1080ti 11GB
Moho 14.4 » Mac mini 2012 8GB » macOS 10.15 Catalina
Tube: SimplSam
Sam
Moho 14.4 » Mac mini 2012 8GB » macOS 10.15 Catalina
Tube: SimplSam
Sam
Re: How can I enable drawing on other than frame 0
Mystery solved! And good to know! 
Animations, Tutorials, and Cats (Oh, My!) Little Green Dog Channel on YouTube!
D.R. Greenlaw
Artist/Partner - Little Green Dog
Little Green Dog Channel | My DreamWorks Animation Reels & Others
D.R. Greenlaw
Artist/Partner - Little Green Dog
Little Green Dog Channel | My DreamWorks Animation Reels & Others