Hello,
I've only been using Moho for a month or two so please excuse my ignorance. I've been having issues with the second leg in the video below. I copied the leg shape and created all new bones and linked the new bones to the new leg and yet it is still being affected by the bones of the first leg. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
https://videotourl.com/videos/179109342 ... fcab11.mov
Thank you
Alex
Layers being affected oddly by other layers
Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger
- MeestaAlex
- Posts: 4
- Joined: Sat Oct 03, 2026 12:59 pm
Re: Layers being affected oddly by other layers
Your bone is still influencing the points on the leg.
Cheers
D.K
Cheers
D.K
http://www.creativetvandmedia.com
My store on Renderosity:
https://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/?uid=921315
My store on Renderosity:
https://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/?uid=921315
- MeestaAlex
- Posts: 4
- Joined: Sat Oct 03, 2026 12:59 pm
Re: Layers being affected oddly by other layers
Would you have any idea why that this is happening tho because I have linked them to separate bones so I thought that would negate this? I'm a little suspicious that it's due to the smart actions I applied to certain bones in the first leg. I'm wondering that because the points that are freaking out are the points that I adjusted with the smart bones. But, I really don't know what I'm talking about. Haha.
Re: Layers being affected oddly by other layers
If you bind something (layer, points) to a bone, then duplicate that thing, the binding will remain with the copy. You should release all bindings from that item before attempting to bind it to any other bone. Best practice would be to first create, copy, and place all artwork, only then start rigging anything.
AS 9.5 MacPro Quadcore 3GHz 16GB OS 10.6.8 Quicktime 7.6.6
AS 11 MacPro 12core 3GHz 32GB OS 10.11 Quicktime 10.7.3
Moho 13.5 iMac Quadcore 2,9GHz 16GB OS 10.15
Moho 14.1 Mac Mini M2 Pro OS 13.7.6
AS 11 MacPro 12core 3GHz 32GB OS 10.11 Quicktime 10.7.3
Moho 13.5 iMac Quadcore 2,9GHz 16GB OS 10.15
Moho 14.1 Mac Mini M2 Pro OS 13.7.6
- MeestaAlex
- Posts: 4
- Joined: Sat Oct 03, 2026 12:59 pm
Re: Layers being affected oddly by other layers
Gotcha. I’m a little confused when it comes to binding vs linking bones. I reset all bone rigging on the second leg and then linked them to the new bones. I’ll look into it and see if I didn’t take the proper steps to unbinding them.
Thank you both.
Alex
Thank you both.
Alex
Re: Layers being affected oddly by other layers
Watch this video:MeestaAlex wrote: ↑Sun Oct 04, 2026 12:04 pm Gotcha. I’m a little confused when it comes to binding vs linking bones.
The 5 Bone Binding Methods You Need To Know!
It should tell you everything you need to know. Hope it helps.
Animations, Tutorials, and Cats (Oh, My!) Little Green Dog Channel on YouTube!
D.R. Greenlaw
Artist/Partner - Little Green Dog
Little Green Dog Channel | My DreamWorks Animation Reels & Others
D.R. Greenlaw
Artist/Partner - Little Green Dog
Little Green Dog Channel | My DreamWorks Animation Reels & Others
- MeestaAlex
- Posts: 4
- Joined: Sat Oct 03, 2026 12:59 pm
Re: Layers being affected oddly by other layers
Just watched it! Thank you very much! I assume you made that video given that your profile pic is the same as the channel’s. If so, great job on it! You got another subscriber! Haha. I’ll try out some of the methods in the next few days.Greenlaw wrote: ↑Sun Oct 04, 2026 1:38 pmWatch this video:MeestaAlex wrote: ↑Sun Oct 04, 2026 12:04 pm Gotcha. I’m a little confused when it comes to binding vs linking bones.
The 5 Bone Binding Methods You Need To Know!
It should tell you everything you need to know. Hope it helps.
Re: Layers being affected oddly by other layers
Ha ha, thanks! Glad you found that helpful. I basically make videos I wish I had access to when I was starting out.


Animations, Tutorials, and Cats (Oh, My!) Little Green Dog Channel on YouTube!
D.R. Greenlaw
Artist/Partner - Little Green Dog
Little Green Dog Channel | My DreamWorks Animation Reels & Others
D.R. Greenlaw
Artist/Partner - Little Green Dog
Little Green Dog Channel | My DreamWorks Animation Reels & Others