Page 1 of 1
Layers being affected oddly by other layers
Posted: Sat Oct 03, 2026 11:17 pm
by MeestaAlex
Hello,
I've only been using Moho for a month or two so please excuse my ignorance. I've been having issues with the second leg in the video below. I copied the leg shape and created all new bones and linked the new bones to the new leg and yet it is still being affected by the bones of the first leg. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
https://videotourl.com/videos/179109342 ... fcab11.mov
Thank you
Alex
Re: Layers being affected oddly by other layers
Posted: Sun Oct 04, 2026 12:12 am
by DK
Your bone is still influencing the points on the leg.
Cheers
D.K
Re: Layers being affected oddly by other layers
Posted: Sun Oct 04, 2026 11:01 am
by MeestaAlex
Would you have any idea why that this is happening tho because I have linked them to separate bones so I thought that would negate this? I'm a little suspicious that it's due to the smart actions I applied to certain bones in the first leg. I'm wondering that because the points that are freaking out are the points that I adjusted with the smart bones. But, I really don't know what I'm talking about. Haha.
Re: Layers being affected oddly by other layers
Posted: Sun Oct 04, 2026 11:17 am
by slowtiger
If you bind something (layer, points) to a bone, then duplicate that thing, the binding will remain with the copy. You should release all bindings from that item before attempting to bind it to any other bone. Best practice would be to first create, copy, and place all artwork, only then start rigging anything.
Re: Layers being affected oddly by other layers
Posted: Sun Oct 04, 2026 12:04 pm
by MeestaAlex
Gotcha. I’m a little confused when it comes to binding vs linking bones. I reset all bone rigging on the second leg and then linked them to the new bones. I’ll look into it and see if I didn’t take the proper steps to unbinding them.
Thank you both.

Alex
Re: Layers being affected oddly by other layers
Posted: Sun Oct 04, 2026 1:38 pm
by Greenlaw
MeestaAlex wrote: ↑Sun Oct 04, 2026 12:04 pm
Gotcha. I’m a little confused when it comes to binding vs linking bones.
Watch this video:
The 5 Bone Binding Methods You Need To Know!
It should tell you everything you need to know. Hope it helps.
Re: Layers being affected oddly by other layers
Posted: Sun Oct 04, 2026 4:47 pm
by MeestaAlex
Just watched it! Thank you very much! I assume you made that video given that your profile pic is the same as the channel’s. If so, great job on it! You got another subscriber! Haha. I’ll try out some of the methods in the next few days.

Re: Layers being affected oddly by other layers
Posted: Sun Oct 04, 2026 5:01 pm
by Greenlaw
Ha ha, thanks! Glad you found that helpful. I basically make videos I wish I had access to when I was starting out.
